Hail and Storm Damage
WARNING: HAIL, WIND, & ICE STORMS STRIKE AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR
When your Indianapolis area home has suffered from weather related thunderstorm, hail, wind, fire, ice, or flood damage, Energy Smart trained insurance specialists are there ready to assist you. Our storm damage consultants will:
- Perform a complete inspection around your house, shed, patio/awnings, around your windows, eves, overhangs, gutters, downspouts, and any exterior structures that may have been damaged.
- We document everything! When we meet with your insurance adjuster, we will show them what damage we found. If the adjuster agrees, we then discuss how much they will pay us to repair the damage as it is written in your insurance policy.
Insurance adjusters don’t always find subtle damage.
We do! In fact, 35% of our customers have had inspections done by other companies or asked us to help with insurance company re-inspections.
Now and then insurance adjusters will overlook or miss storm damage.
- These situations are frustrating to many homeowners who have watched all their neighbors have their roof, siding, gutters, and more replaced
- Some even have the same insurance companies
- We document all damage before the insurance adjuster gets there. When he or she arrives, we simply make our presence known and prepare to compare notes
- The insurance adjusters will take their own measurements which we compare with ours
- It’s important to also document any steep slopes, dangerous work hazards, and unseen problems before the adjuster arrives because their time is limited and a professional pre-assessment goes a long way
We work on the homeowner’s behalf on contingency, and prepare an estimate of our own, then submit it directly to the insurance company.
- If we don’t get an approval for the work, we don’t get the job. If we do, we do the work for the amount they approve.
- You simply call your insurance company, have them send an adjuster out to meet us, and we’ll take it from there.
Remember, when a major storm hits, your neighborhood likely will be overrun by out-of-state “storm chasers” who hit town to quickly to make as much money as they can, before leaving to find the next storm. Energy Smart has built a reputation and we will be here long after the storm is over!
$800 OFF Roofing
Installation & Replacement